What we do
Our 9.30am Sunday worship services are relatively traditional in format with a mix of contemporary Christian music and hymns. They are live-streamed via YouTube and available to view online later as well. The main Bible reading and message are translated into Korean and other languages as required on screen in real time – part of our multicultural emphasis. Morning tea and a time of fellowship follow the service.
See our latest worship services recorded on Youtube.
Come and join in our community at one of our events. For more information on any event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cluster Group gatheringOn Saturday November 19, join us for lunch at The Galston Club. More details to come.
- Advent Bible studiesOn Thursdays December 1, 8 and 15, log in via Zoom for fresh insights for the weeks leading up to Christmas. Rev Alan Lowe will present three related, but stand-alone studies so you can participate as you are able.
- Mingles Christmas functionOn Saturday November 26, meet at Newtons from 6pm for dinner and some seasonal antics. More details to follow via email.
- Mingles outing to Berowra WatersOn Saturday, October 22, wind your way down the hill from Berowra to the Fish Cafe for a sociable meal with tranquil water views as a bonus. The cafe is on the Arcadia side of the creek, so take the ferry across first.
- Cluster Group outingOn Saturday, October 15, join us at a local cafe for lunch or afternoon tea – a time to catch up and chat.
- Bible study on JobOn September 29, October 6 and 13, selected chapters of the book of Job will be explored with Rev. Alan Lowe. Log in via Zoom for a 7.30pm start.
- Mingles to Kuring-gai Wildflower GardenJoin us on Saturday September 24 as we explore the wildflower gardens at St Ives in all their spring colours.
- Cluster Group to Terrigal BoardwalkOn Saturday, September 17, join us for a visit to Terrigal and the boardwalk. Sit and enjoy the scenery, or take a walk.
- Ku-ring-gai Male Choir concertOn Sunday September 11 at 2.30pm, all are invited to enjoy an uplifting afternoon of song at the Hornsby RSL Showroom. Tickets @$32 are available from https://hornsbyrsl.com.au/
- Date change for Galatians Bible studyPlease note that the third study in this series is now scheduled for Tuesday August 30, not Thursday September 1. Log in for a 7.30pm start on Zoom.
The congregation enjoys a wide range of social and religious activities, both during the week and on weekends. Some of these are listed below.
For more information on any of our activities, phone the minister on 0402 478 240 or email email@example.com
- Bible StudyGroups meet on selected Thursday evenings (via Zoom) for short series of studies, which are themed around seasons such as Advent, Lent and Pentecost, a book of the Bible or a selected topic. As each study stands alone, as well as being part of a series, participants can attend as they’re able. New members are encouraged to join.
- Cluster GroupThe monthly gatherings give an opportunity for older people to enjoy fellowship and friendship in a social setting. Usually held on the third Saturday of the month, meetings include daytime outings to places of interest using public transport, guest speaker evenings and a mid-winter potluck dinner. New members are very welcome.
- English conversation classes (recommencing soon)Meeting on Thursdays during school terms between 9.30 and 11.30am, qualified facilitators help beginners and more advanced learners to improve their conversational fluency. The cost of $1 per session covers morning tea and resources.
- Men’s woodworking groupProviding a social outlet for older men from the church and community on most Monday mornings, the group chats over morning tea and while creating timber toys and homewares. Talent with timber is not a prerequisite to attend.
- Mingles (married and singles)Usually meeting on the fourth Saturday of the month, Mingles go on bushwalks, visit gardens, meet at a café for breakfast, gather around a firepit, enjoy restaurant meals, have a winter weekend away and more. Adults of all ages are embraced.
- Music teamA group of singers and musicians meets each Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 7.30pm. For about an hour, they learn new music to enrich our worship services, polish up our known songs as well as adding extra instruments to the mix. New participants are very welcome.
- Playgroup (suspended for now)Catering to preschool aged youngsters and their carers, this group meets for crafts, free play, music, storytime, morning tea and more. Fridays from 10am-12pm during school terms.
- Special interest groups (SIGs)Linked by a shared passion, participants meet up to do various things: stitch prayer quilts and create church banners; explore diverse locations by train and chat over lunch; play with photography and more.
- Additional activitiesAdditional activities are organised during the year such as church dinners and picnics, a hospitality lunch, retreats and special services, family high tea, Market Day, working bees and so on. Check out the Events tab for details.