Our 9.30am Sunday worship services are varied in format with a mix of contemporary Christian music and hymns. They are live-streamed via YouTube and available to view online later as well. The main Bible reading and message are translated into Korean and other languages as required on screen in real time – part of our multicultural emphasis. Morning tea and a time of fellowship follow the service.
See our latest worship services recorded on Youtube.
Come and join in our community at one of our events. For more information on any event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bible Study on NehemiahMeet up via Zoom on four Thursday evenings to explore the Old Testament book of Nehemiah with Rev Alan. Dates are August 31, September 7, 14 and 21 at 7.15 for a 7.30pm start.
- Mingles Pizza NightOn Saturday, August 26 from 6pm, meet us at the clubhouse, Oaktree, for a meal together. Bring $ for pizzas, either nibbles or a dessert to share and BYO drinks. Please RSVP to the Meins by August 23.
- Cluster Group City OutingOn Saturday, August 19, Cluster Group will catch the 10am train from Thornleigh to the city to see some sights and travel on the light rail to Randwick. All welcome.
- The Voice ForumCome to 1 Paling St, Thornleigh on Tuesday, July 18 at 7.30pm to understand The Voice so you can make an informed decision at the referendum later in the year. Also to be live-streamed for those who can’t attend in person at Thornleigh Hillcrest UC – YouTube or Thornleigh Hillcrest Uniting Church – THUC | Sydney NSW | Facebook For … Read more
- Social Justice Forum – The VoiceOn Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 7.30pm, come to understand what The Voice means so you can make an informed decision at the referendum later in the year. Speakers include Julian Leeser, the federal member for Berowra, Nathan Tyson, Director, First Peoples Strategy and Engagement, Uniting Church’s NSW ACT Synod, and Edwina O’Brien, Assistant Chaplain, Head of Religion and Ethics, … Read more
- Mingles BrunchOn Saturday, June 24, join us for brunch at a Beecroft cafe. Exact time and location will be available soon. Please note the change of plans: it was originally listed as a Balmain walk.
- Welcome Potluck DinnerOn Sunday, June 11 from 5pm, you are invited to a potluck dinner at the multipurpose hall to welcome the Sydney New Life congregation and become better acquainted with each other.
- Bible Studies on PsalmsBeginning on Thursday, June 8, Rev Alan Lowe will lead a new series of three studies on Psalms. These will be conducted via Zoom, meeting at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start. The other dates are June 15 and 22.
- English Conversation ClassesAn introductory open day will be held on Saturday, June 17 from 10am in Rosie’s Room at the church complex where you can meet the facilitators and other class members over morning tea. Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings from 7pm, starting on June 20. They will last about 90 minutes with a light supper to follow.Contact Rev Hugh … Read more
- Mingles DinnerOn Saturday evening, May 27, Susie and John invite you to their home for a meal together. Talk to the hosts about what you’re bringing to share so we don’t have 20 desserts and no mains!
The congregation enjoys a wide range of social and religious activities, both during the week and on weekends. Some of these are listed below.
For more information on any of our activities, phone the minister on 0402 478 240 or email email@example.com
- Bible StudyGroups meet on selected Thursday evenings (via Zoom) for short series of studies, which are themed around seasons such as Advent, Lent and Pentecost, a book of the Bible or a selected topic. As each study stands alone, as well as being part of a series, participants can attend as they’re able. New members are encouraged to join.
- Cluster GroupThe monthly gatherings give an opportunity for older people to enjoy fellowship and friendship in a social setting. Usually held on the third Saturday of the month, meetings include daytime outings to places of interest using public transport, guest speaker evenings and a mid-winter potluck dinner. New members are very welcome.
- English conversation classes (recommencing soon)Meeting on Thursdays during school terms between 9.30 and 11.30am, qualified facilitators help beginners and more advanced learners to improve their conversational fluency. The cost of $1 per session covers morning tea and resources.
- Men’s coffee and chatProviding a social outlet for older men from the church and community on most Monday mornings, the group chats over morning tea, with wide-ranging topics and points of view explored.
- Mingles (married and singles)Usually meeting on the fourth Saturday of the month, Mingles go on bushwalks, visit gardens, meet at a café for breakfast, gather around a firepit, enjoy restaurant meals, have a winter weekend away and more. Adults of all ages are embraced.
- Music teamA group of singers and musicians meets each Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 7.30pm. For about an hour, they learn new music to enrich our worship services, polish up our known songs as well as adding extra instruments to the mix. New participants are very welcome.
- Playgroup (suspended for now)Catering to preschool aged youngsters and their carers, this group meets for crafts, free play, music, storytime, morning tea and more. Fridays from 10am-12pm during school terms.
- Special interest groups (SIGs)Linked by a shared passion, participants meet up to do various things: stitch prayer quilts and create church banners; explore diverse locations by train and chat over lunch; play with photography and more.
- Additional activitiesAdditional activities are organised during the year such as church dinners and picnics, a hospitality lunch, retreats and special services, family high tea, Market Day, working bees and so on. Check out the Events tab for details.